Anyone have issues with brightness sound on 500

Options
Dead_Bang
Dead_Bang Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought Mt Helios 500 ph517 51 72nu a couple weeks ago.i completely wiped,formated C drive and installed new win 10. I downloaded all new updated drivers.
 Problems are sound and brightness.Very dim when playing games.I disabked adaptive display,rolled back,unin uninsta and reinstalled new drivers with no luck.
I can barely hear any sound,less than half the volume of my AW. I followed some links I got here but no help.Rolled back,usef  driver from realtek,from Acer site,installed 3rd party app,still no change.
 If I can't resolve these issues,I am afraid I will have to return it. I have 11 more days.

Best Answer

Answers

• Dead_Bang

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    Options
    Sending it back today after a not so good experience with customer support.This is a pretty horrible laptop,I really had high hopes.Back to Alienware i guess
  • Razamax
    Razamax Member Posts: 45 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Dead_Bang said:
    I bought Mt Helios 500 ph517 51 72nu a couple weeks ago.i completely wiped,formated C drive and installed new win 10. I downloaded all new updated drivers.
    I can barely hear any sound,less than half the volume of my AW. I followed some links I got here but no help.Rolled back,usef  driver from realtek,from Acer site,installed 3rd party app,still no change.

When you wiped the hard drive, did you reinstall Wavemaxx Audio back on it? The laptop is designed in a way that the realtek audio drivers work with Wavemaxx audio to output good sound. Wavemaxx has the equalizer and various audio presets and it makes the audio sound really good. When I disable Wavemaxx on my Helios 500, it too sounds very quiet.

• Dead_Bang

Tinkerer

Options
    I did reinstall it but i could not configure it,it was all grayed out.I tried several times,uninstalling and reinstalling from the Acer driver website
  • Razamax
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I had a similar problem. See this thread (from the first post)

• Dead_Bang

Tinkerer

Options
    Razamax said:
    I had a similar problem. See this thread (from the first post)

I followed the link,did it all as laid out and uh... it worked! Holy cow,so it was all on me. Acer should give you a commission because you just saved themselves a return. Can't thank you enough! They need to add some flash cards to their troubleshooting list,my experience with them just left me speechless,they had no idea and just wanted me to return it for repairs... good gravy

• Razamax
    Options

You are welcome. I am glad was able to help. I myself spent 2-3 days on this WaveMaxx issue.

By the way, one more tip, I noticed that my laptop sounded even better if I disabled Acer TrueHarmony. You should not have two sound enhancers installed on one system anyways. Unfortunately, the only way to disable TrueHarmony is by uninstalling Predator Sense, as it is integrated with Predator Sense and there is no way to disable it.

You can test it and if sound output is more important to you than the functions contained within Predator sense, then you can uninstall predator sense too. Your laptop will sound a lot better, especially when you have headphones connected to it.