recovery media Predator G3-710

Orinoco74
Orinoco74 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Can anyone make a Predator G3-710 recovery cd for me?  my pc took a large dump and i reloaded Windows 10 but i cant get the soundblaster software or my sound driver to output in 5.1 surround sound.  Obviously will pay for CD and beer tokens by paypal if anyone can do that for me.  Thanks

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    @Orinoco74
    Check the below link to get the Recovery media
    https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery

Check the below link to create a recovery media
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12866/~/create-recovery-media-for-acer-computers

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Orinoco74
    thanks for replying but it actually doesn't answer my question at all.  i am aware i can buy one from Acer.  in fact i have bought one from Acer but its just taking so long with no end in sight for them to actually send it.  And creating own recovery media... i am fully aware how to do it, but when i reloaded Windows onto my pc, the recovery partition was also deleted, so any recovery media i do make, will leave me in no better position ythan i am in now.  it has to be an ACER recovery, now a Windows 10 recovery because it wont have all the drivers and software that Acer shipped it with.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,733 Pathfinder
    @Orinoco74
    But after you install the basic OS than you can download the latest driver from Acer website.
    Check the below link for drivers:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

• Orinoco74
    Hi Jack, thanks for the reply but not quite sure you are getting what i am meaning  I have the driver i downloaded from the Acer website for my specific pc but it does not give me the option to play in 5.1 surround sound.  It does however give me the option to play in stereo (2 speakers) or quad sound (still only plays from the same two speakers).  Hence needing the specific recovery media either from Acer or by someone who has the same system as me (with he drivers and soundblaster software working).
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,657 Trailblazer
    Orinoco74, what they are trying to do is point you toward legal remedies rather than a pirated version of the recovery media. I realize that what you are missing is some of the bundled software that isn't available for download from the Acer site. Normally when bundled software is only available by purchasing the recovery media it's because there are contractual obligations for distribution, such as with a Windows image that includes the activation key. I expect this is the case with the Soundblaster software. It's best to just wait the few days it takes for the recovery you ordered to arrive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Orinoco74
    So I have legally bought the pc which means I have legally bought the software on that pc also, what's illegal or pirated about wanting stuff I have already purchased? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,657 Trailblazer
    It has to do with distribution and licenses. Microsoft licenses OEM versions of Windows and Office to the hardware they are installed on, which allows them to provide better discounts to the hardware manufacturers since the licenses won't be transferred on to the next PC the user builds. In order to make it so people don't buy one OEM license and then install it on several machines they make it so the attempt will fail with a 'too many machines' error. The correct process for getting and installing a recovery image is to either create the image when you first purchase the machine (recommended) or purchase a replacement image from Acer. If you have to go the latter route, Acer charges since they are buying a new Windows license for that recovery media.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.