Flickering/artifact issues with whole nitro monitor series

Options
welp01
welp01 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Dear Acer, 

I am one of the users with a monitor from your new nitro series, Nitro VG270UP.
Since the first day I noticed random black boxes and vertical lines that appear randomly for a fraction of a second (like artifacts), sometimes it doesn't happen for a few hours and sometimes its few times per hour.
I created multiple topics about this problem on other forums and after a few days I learned that I am not the only one with this problem, it appears across Nitro monitors with different models.
So far it happened on:
XV273K
XV272UP
VG271U
- VG270UP

It looks like this but colors are more black and grey than purple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFDtw8jh-Cw

We tried different displayport cables, switching to hdmi cable, using monitor with another GPU and all kind of troubleshooting, nothing fixed it. Sadly, I had to return my monitor and refund it. Some users got a replacement and issue is still there on replacement model, for some of them even worse than before.
At this point we think that many users are affected but didn't notice it yet or just didnt bother to post on forums because at first its hard to notice it since it happens very quickly and not all the time, but its there.

Today I saw similiar topic on your forums from 2 years ago.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/441879/xb321hk-weird-artifact/p1

I am 100% positive that this issue from 
XB321HK is now back on new Nitro models, in that thread you apologized to users and told them to RMA monitors. I am using Acer products for years and never had problems with them until now, I really like monitos from this new series but this issue needs to be fixed or at least give us public statement, confirmation that something is wrong or any information.

Some of this models are hard to find in Europe to buy, I am assuming you are aware of the problem and fixing it for future batches but please give us some info regarding this. I just want some of Acer staff read my topic and notify manufacturer about this if they are not aware.

Regards

Answers

• MechDragon
    MechDragon Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I have it too. VG270up
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hi all,

We would like to apologize again to all users who are experiencing the reported issue with their monitor. Unfortunately, the LCD panel would need to be replaced at a local Acer service center to resolve this issue. If you are experiencing the reported issue, we encourage you to contact your local Acer support team for assistance getting your monitor setup for repair, please go to https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and select the country of your location, under the support tab you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.     

Note: We will be closing this thread with this post listed as the official solution. 

Thanks in advance,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.