Washed out colors Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx

Options
Gatorchamp
Gatorchamp Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hello, about a week ago I had restarted my computer and when it booted back up the colors were washes out. I was using the Display port input. I tried another port on the GPU and another wire as well with no luck. I then swapped over to HDMI and the picture is fine. Additionally, I purchased a DP to Mini DP but that is ALSO washed out. So I'm not sure if there is an issue with the DP portion of the board or what. I also can't seem to find where to reset everything to factory default on the monitor. I wanted to try that before sending it back into Acer for warranty.

Has anyone experience a similar issue before? And would anyone be able to tell me if there is a factory default option?

Thanks!

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Gatorchamp
    There is one thing which you can do on monitor is reset.
    Unplug all cables including the power cable from wall socket that goes to the monitor and press and hold the power button on the monitor for 40 sec.
    Than try connecting it and check.
    Still if dont work than manually update the monitor drivers from Acer website and check.
    Below link show you where to download the driver
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Gatorchamp
    It seems to be a on going issue.
    please check the below link you will get more info about it
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/441879/xb321hk-weird-artifact/p1
    so try the above step if still have issue , than send to Acer repair center.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

• Gatorchamp
    Gatorchamp Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey Jack, thank you for your response. That's not quite the issue I am having, I was reading through the conversation you link. But the screen last night also started having a black flicker and the picture would go out for a few seconds before coming back on. So it's getting RMAed
  • Guardian
    Guardian Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Although I have the XZ321QU model, I experienced the same issue. I was playing, my machine froze, restarted and the colors were all washed out on my Acer XZ321QU.

This is how I fixed the problem, maybe this would work for the XZ271U model as well:
    1. Go to NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. In the Display section, select Change resolution.
    3. Select your monitor from the list on section 1.
    4. Scroll down to section 3 "Apply the following settings."
    5. Click on the Use NVIDIA color settings section.
    6. On the Output color format dropdown, select any of the options there: YCbr422 or YCbr444.
    7. Click the Apply button.
    8. Your screen will flicker. Press No to go revert to previous setting (RGB).
    9. Your colors should be back to normal.
    Here's a screenshot for easier reference:

Hope this helps.