Can I buy a battery with a higher wattage? Travelmate 5720

ellenGB
ellenGB Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an old Travelmate 5720 Model 5720-2A1G16Mi. The User guide states that it  needs a 44 W Li-ion battery pack.  The old battery is GRAPE 32, 10.8 volt.  The one I can buy is 58 watt.  Can't find any others online that list wattage and an engineer has told me that I might blew up the laptop if I use the new 58 W battery.  ACER themselves no longer make them. Does this mean the end of my laptop as the old battery only lasts 40 minutes, or is there a way to replace safely?  

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    ellenGB said:
    Thanks. I saw that but it doesn’t mention w. I was told it had to be close to 44. 
    If you go by that website, the battery is compatible. For battery only Volt rating should be matching. You can use higher Watt (t's watt-hours, not watt) more is better. Also by the formula Watt=Voltage x Amps. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Hi!!

@ellenGB

Have a visit to this website and I hope it may help you in getting battery for your laptop. 

• ellenGB
    ellenGB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks. I saw that but it doesn’t mention w. I was told it had to be close to 44. 
  • Balatekie
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    ellenGB said:
    If you go by that website, the battery is compatible. For battery only Volt rating should be matching. You can use higher Watt (t's watt-hours, not watt) more is better. Also by the formula Watt=Voltage x Amps.