Where can I find drivers for my rx 540 in my Swift 3? (SF315-41G)

Xetni14
Xetni14 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
On the product page with the list of drivers I'm not seeing any for the graphics. 

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!

@Xetni14,

The graphics card "RX 540" is under AMD brand and it is called as "AMD Radeon RX 540". For this graphic driver, you need to look under VGA Driver. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Xetni14

Tinkerer

@Balatekie

Ok so I downloaded this but when I run the setup.exe file it gives me an error. It says "LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: S dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."
  • Balatekie

Xetni14 said:
    @Balatekie

Ok so I downloaded this but when I run the setup.exe file it gives me an error. It says "LoadLibrary failed with error 1114: S dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."
    Hi!!

AMD’s Switchable Graphics tech utilizes a discrete graphics adapter for 3D graphics and integrated graphics adapter to preserve laptop battery. The best fix for error 1114 is usually to adjust the Switchable Dynamic Graphics global settings to maximum. 

This is how you can adjust the Switchable Dynamic Graphics setting in Windows 10.

• Press the Win key + X hotkey to open the Win + X menu in Windows 10.
    • Click Power Options to open the Settings window.
    • Click Additional power settings to open the Control Panel options shown directly below.

• Click Change plan settings to open further display options.
    • Next, click Change advanced power settings to open a separate Power Options window.

• Click Switchable Dynamic Graphics and expand Global Settings.
    • Select Maximize performance from the On battery drop-down menu.
    • Select Maximize performance from the Plugged in drop-down menu.
    • Click the Apply and OK buttons to save the newly selected settings.

• Xetni14

Tinkerer

@Balatekie
    Ok I followed your steps and I'm still getting the same error when I try to run the setup.exe file. I don't know if it helps at all but I've been attempting to update my drivers since yesterday and I had been following AMDs driver troubleshooting guide where they had me check DSIM and SFC as well as the microsoft redistributable packages. Those weren't the issue so the next step was to use AMDs clean uninstall utility and reinstall the drivers afterward. This hasn't solved my issues and now I don't seem to be able to reinstall the drivers needed which really sucks.
  • Balatekie
    Xetni14 said:
    @Balatekie
    Ok I followed your steps and I'm still getting the same error when I try to run the setup.exe file. I don't know if it helps at all but I've been attempting to update my drivers since yesterday and I had been following AMDs driver troubleshooting guide where they had me check DSIM and SFC as well as the microsoft redistributable packages. Those weren't the issue so the next step was to use AMDs clean uninstall utility and reinstall the drivers afterward. This hasn't solved my issues and now I don't seem to be able to reinstall the drivers needed which really sucks.

Worried to know that. Were you able to completely remove the graphics card driver using the AMD's clean uninstall utility?

• Xetni14

Tinkerer

@Balatekie
    Yes I believe so. When I look at this device in the control panel it shows that there are no drivers for "Radeon 500 series" and for "AMD audio coprocessor"
  • Balatekie
    @Xetni14

I request you to please post the picture of "Device Manager" to get more clarity. 

• Xetni14

Tinkerer

@Balatekie
    Do these help?
  • Balatekie
    Xetni14 said:

@Balatekie
    Do these help?
    Thank you for the pictures. At this point, I recommend you to contact Acer Technical Support in your region and check for repair options. I am really sorry, that the issue persists. As a final try and if you wish, you can try doing Full Factory Reset in your computer and check. 

• Xetni14

Tinkerer

@Balatekie
    ok well thank you for your help, I'll try to contact Acer and if that fails I guess I'll just do a factory reset. Luckily this is my school laptop so I dont really have anything to lose, it'll just be inconvenient. Thanks anyway!
  • Balatekie
    Xetni14 said:
    @Balatekie
    ok well thank you for your help, I'll try to contact Acer and if that fails I guess I'll just do a factory reset. Luckily this is my school laptop so I dont really have anything to lose, it'll just be inconvenient. Thanks anyway!
    You are Welcome :)