Aspire E5-475G Battery problem (plugged in, charging but battery percentage does not increase)

Options
lhs22
lhs22 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I found that my laptop battery percentage keep constant even it is plugged in, charging.

My battery report showed a sudden drop in battery capacity remaining.

Hope there will be a solution to this problem. Thank you.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @lhs22
    Power Drain: Turn off the Laptop and unplug the charger. look at the back of your unit you can find a small pin hole. Put a paper clip in the pin hole and press and hold the paper clip for 40 seconds.
    BIOS Default: Press the power button, as soon as you press the power button start pressing the F2 key repeatedly, so that you can see the BIOS page. In the BIOS page press F9 and press ENTER than press F10 and press ENTER. your unit will restart.

Check with the above step , if still you have the isuuethan go to deice manager and uninstall the battery driver and restart the unit.
    Check and let us know.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • lhs22
    lhs22 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    @Jack22
    I have followed all the steps but the problem still cannot be resolved.
  • Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @lhs22
    Try battery calibration and check
    https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

• Steeltanaka
    Steeltanaka Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    My Aspire 3810TG have the same problem but after do my the setting still the same.
    Please help thank You
  • HakiDog
    HakiDog Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello. My Acer Aspire E5 576G said its plugged in but never increases to more than 2%... Please help me. Thank U