Does anyone know what might cause this to my GPU??? (Screenshot of Predatorsense attached)

Options
pjp345
pjp345 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

The Picture above is screenshot of my Predatorsense showing you temp and % of CPU and GPU. 
I use Predator G3-571 Gaming Laptop. 
Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @2.80GHz
RAM 16.0GB 
Geforce 1060 6GB.

So, basically, whenever I play my games, within 20secs, I have 3~4 frame drops.
For examples, Rainbow Six Siege, my frame is usually 120~150, then frame drops to 9~13 for like 1~2secs and back up to 120~150. It might not be an issue if it happens rarely, but it started to happen frequently.  3~4 frame drops within 20 secs. It is annoying. I had no issue with Frame Drop, but one day I started to have this issue (I updated Graphic Driver up to date, so don't thing it is driver problem...)

It is not only to Rainbow Six Siege, I checked other games including Escape From TarKov, Total War Series, Civilization, etc...so I started to think it is my Graphic Card issue... 
So...little help here people? I really want to fix this problem... really annoying having frame drops. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The temperatures of the CPU and GPU are too high, which makes them throttle to prevent heat damage.
    The CPU and GPU definitely need repasting. I suggest you to contact Acer support or repaste the device yourself(voids warranty if you are not in the US) with a good quality thermal paste like MX-4 or thermal grizzly kryonaut.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• pjp345
    pjp345 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:
    The temperatures of the CPU and GPU are too high, which makes them throttle to prevent heat damage.
    The CPU and GPU definitely need repasting. I suggest you to contact Acer support or repaste the device yourself(voids warranty if you are not in the US) with a good quality thermal paste like MX-4 or thermal grizzly kryonaut.
    Thank you for the fast reply,
    btw I live in US. New York... XD
    I will visit computer repair center to get it re-pasted and will update you about it! Thank you buddy! 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    pjp345 said:
    ven98 said:
    I will visit computer repair center to get it re-pasted and will update you about it! Thank you buddy! 
    Before you go for repasting, try undervolting CPU and GPU - this helps lower temps by about 20 degrees. Also would help if you limited FPS based on your screen refresh rate.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    sri369 said:
    pjp345 said:
    ven98 said:
    Before you go for repasting, try undervolting CPU and GPU - this helps lower temps by about 20 degrees. Also would help if you limited FPS based on your screen refresh rate.
    Undervolting won't help in his case. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!