How many PCIe lanes does the Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G support?

AbdullahMasulili
AbdullahMasulili Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, i've bought an 128GB SSD NVMe Gen 3 x4(4 lane) from transcend. In the first place there's nothing wrong with this thing, i've been installing it with windows 10 and use it for awhile and restarting my laptop couple times and still functioning. But after a shutdown and i try to boot it up again, it's showing the blue screen of death and showing code INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE then i go to the BIOS setting and the SSD wasn't detected. I try to correct the position of it but it does nothing, try replace it with a new one but still no luck. I was wondering is it PCIe lane issue that this device didn't support for 4 PCIe lane SSD but like i was said that this thing work in the first place, or does my M.2 slot got damage?

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    @AbdullahMasulili
    These are the specs for your laptop with the PCIe, might be helpful
    Solid state drive
    512 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    128 / 256 / 512 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s
    16GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 2 lanes, NVMe, supporting Intel OptaneTM Memory

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    >>>does my M.2 slot got damage?>>>

No. More likely the nvme SSD has failed. nVME SSDs seem to be more prone to damage than m.2 SATA3s.  Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• abdu114h97
    abdu114h97 Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:
    >>>does my M.2 slot got damage?>>>

No. More likely the nvme SSD has failed. nVME SSDs seem to be more prone to damage than m.2 SATA3s.  Jack E/NJ   
    but when i return the ssd to the reseller and bring it to the service center then they check it, the ssd isn't got damage. it still functioning
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    m.2 SATA3 cards are more reliable than m.2 NVMe cards in different machines. If you insist on using NVME, Samsung  seems to have the best reputation but are more expensive than Trasnscend.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ