AG3-605-UR38. Games cause screen blackout and speakers to buzz. Video card????

bdell792
bdell792 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Playing games with my stock AG3-605-UR38.  (i7-4770; 1.5 gb gtx 760; 8gb ram; Screen suddenly goes black and speakers begin buzzing.  I cant get out of it and have to power off the computer using the power button on the tower.  Everything else seems to work fine.  Every game does this now except Warcraft 3, and I don't play anything crazy--AoW3, Warhammer 40k, Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 3.   So before I start buying replacement parts i need a good idea what the problem is. Any ideas??
I toy with just buying a new computer, but other than the games above this is really just used for the internet and word processing.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Sure sounds like the video card or it's drivers to me. Try this, pull the video card out and use just the ports on the motherboard. That should tell immediately if the problem is video card related. Next uninstall the drivers for the video card, being sure to get all the files off if possible, reboot afterwards. Then download the drivers from the Acer support site and reinstall the drivers. Finally reinstall the video card and see if the symptoms persist. If they do that's a strong indicator it's the card itself.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.