my acer aspire 4752 can't boot

Options
simoELouazany
simoELouazany Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
today i turn on my laptop and it stuck in bios screen and bios bar stop at 75% pleas any help

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi!

@simoELouazany,

First, ensure that charge is not plugged in to the laptop. After confirming it, please press & hold the power button for 10 seconds and force shutdown the computer. Once laptop goes off, refer the below image and please detach the battery pack from your laptop. 

Once battery pack is removed, flip the computer. Press & hold power button for 30 seconds. Later connect charger and power on your computer and check what happens. If computer loads fine to Windows, turn off the laptop through Start menu. Reconnect the battery pack and then check powering on. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Ryda101
    Ryda101 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Please I need help I tried updating my windows on my Acer system to windows 10 and then It started rebooting till it stopped at 75% and up till now nothing is working, and my f2 keys are not working too please what can I do 
  • sambigotes
    sambigotes Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have 20 Aspire laptop model : aspire 4752-6431.  We must fix now urgent help need it.

I was  updating my windows on my Acer system to windows 10 and then It started rebooting till it stopped at 75% and up till now nothing is working, and my f2 keys are not working too please what can I do 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I have 20 Aspire laptop model : aspire 4752-6431.  We must fix now urgent help need it.

I was  updating my windows on my Acer system to windows 10 and then It started rebooting till it stopped at 75% and up till now nothing is working, and my f2 keys are not working too please what can I do 

Firstly sambigotes, the Aspire 4752-6431 is a pretty old laptop and needs to be free of any issues and needs a definite upgrading of its boot drive to an SSD drive and to its max RAM capacity for it to be useful with Win-10 OS. Because, if you have an old boot spinner HDD that is on its way out and slow it will be useless as will having a minimal RAM like 4GB as its going to waste your time putting Win-10 on it. Also, with both of your problems sambigotes and Ryda101 the question that need to be asked is this:
    1. Which OS were you updating from to Win-10?
    2. How did you try to update to Win-10 and what method did you use?

As the most important and first thing to do is to "back up your files". As the upgrade process shouldn’t erase your files unless you choose to erase them, but it’s always a good idea to have a current backup especially when you’re performing a major operating system upgrade. Also, its best to have and/or find your Windows 7 (or Windows 8) key to try and activate Win-10 through the install process. This key may be printed on a sticker on your PC’s case or on your laptop. If you installed Windows 7 or Windows 8 yourself, you’ll want to find the license key you purchased on the retail box. 

In my opinion (irrespective of how and what the upgrade retains or is) an upgrade is only doing half a job and it retains allot of your previous OS's files and creates problems within Win-10. My suggestion is to backup all your files (as I've suggested above) and then do a "Clean Install" of Win-10"! This is the best and the most reliable way to upgrade to Win-10.

Btw, you can still upgrade freely to Win-10 from Win-8 and 8.1 but and with Win-7 it depends on what version you have (check with Microsoft)? To do a "Clean Install" go to Microsoft’s Download Windows 10 website. Click the “Download tool now” button and download the .exe file. Run it, click through the tool, and select “Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) for another PC” when prompted use a "8GB USB flash drive only" to put the bootable Win-10 installation files onto the flash drive, change your boot in BIOS to USB and then go through the process of installing Win-10, when prompted you can then provide a valid Windows 7 or 8 key while installing Windows 10 or after installing Win-10 see the different guides "Activate Windows 10" provided by Microsoft of how to activate Win-10. Its a simple process as the "Clean Install" process very rarely hangs up unless you have a faulty old HDD with a worn out head, bearings or board but, you should always change your old HDD to a new SSD as that is advisable as allot of the install issues has nothing to do with the Win-10 OS but with the hardware.