Is it possible to remap the keyboard keys on PH317-52 ?

SonoSooS
SonoSooS Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have my Predator since more than half a year by now, but I'm still not able to get used to this weird accentric keyboard layout.

While working on a game or a website, I always use the keyboard to perform text modifications like relocating code or just selecting code in bulk, so I depend on heavy use of arrow keys, SHIFT, CTRL, ALT, PgUp/PgDown, Home/End, and Delete. But my problem is that because the Home/End/PageUp/PageDown buttons aren't aligned to the numeric keyboard, I always hit the power button instead of End, PageUp+Home together instead of only one of them, or accidently delete a huge chunk of code by accidently pressing PgUp+Home+Delete while only wanting to delete a single line by pressing Home+Delete.

Would it be possible to patch the BIOS or do something else to remap the power button to the Delete key and shift the row to the right? So instead of Delete-Home-PgUp-PgDown-End-Power, it would be Power-Delete-Home-PgUp-PgDown-End. I'm just not able to get used to this keyboard layout, and nobody has PS/2 to USB adapters in stock in at least 60km radius of me.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I think the power button is impossible to remap. You can look online for a 3rd party software that lets you to remap the keys and even set macros.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• SonoSooS
    SonoSooS Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Yeah, I know there are programs to remap the keyboard, but the power button is sadly in the way because it's where END is supposed to be.