OK I brought my Aspire A715 - 71g - 746h about 12 months ago just before coming to china.

themadaussie
themadaussie Member Posts: 7 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
OK I brought my Aspire A715 - 71g - 746h about 12 months ago just before coming to china , I also brought a HP X360 Spectre for work this is excellent no problems fast reliable perfect laptop.
the Acer is a piece of junk, I cant connect to the internet as it always updating while using it or just updating non stop why ?  you could say every day sometimes while using it just shuts down takes for every saying please wait while configuring this computer

the sound makes funny crackling noises but groove player does not 

you watch a movie it starts and stops you have sound just the picture stops 
or you have a picture and no sound

it will not keep up with typing or it will not type which means problems logging in

it is a high spec laptop more then the hp on paper but it is slower then the sony laptop I had which got stolen so the acer it was an insurance replacement.

I did not use in New Zealand for a good 6 months after purchasing it before using in china, so I cant take it back to the shop.
its been rebooted drivers up dated but it still does not do what it should just a pile of junk.

so it cant not be used on line now as it will show it is connected but no internet, why is it doing this ?
I want it for home use as I do music so I have large files on a portable drive and I do CAD , I wish to  keep  the hp for work use.
but it takes 5 to 10 mins to turn on and does weird things so you shut it down which can take 5 mins to do and 5 to 10 mins to re start.

can I take to acer in china to see if it a faulty one and will the warranty cover it as it was not brought in china?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• themadaussie
    could it be hardware? 
    hard drive
    ram cards
    if hard drive how do I copy windows across?  its a factory problem as it started when I first turned on after set up but I was in a new country 

• OK! On the slowness, make sure the disk is 100% in the task manager:

Also check if windows update is updating windows 10! If it can not properly update windows, try these steps:
    a) Update the notebook drivers with the free versions of driverpack (http://download.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online_1991222665.1544923988.exe) or driverbooster (https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#). You do not need to use the paid version, but you need to uncheck some cleaning programs! Or go to www.intel.com and www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers!
    b) do a disk cleanup as administrator and then try to run windows update again:

About the sound problem, try uninstalling and deleting the audio driver in the device manager and then restarting the notebook:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • themadaussie
    Hi I took it to a shop here in China I don't know why, I need to work out where to match the hard disk and ssd disk and ram serial number's to the ones which came with the computer. it still no good, and now mixed English and Chinese, I have sectors on the 1tb hard drive so when I scan it is full to the max of formatted files which look nothing like my things and files going back to 2003 and the computer is 2018. so when finished I can check more mp3, mp4, pdf files etc.
    blue tooth will not find my sound system that I use anymore etc the fans were still full of dust and fluff one would not turn at all so I cleaned them.
    the ssd card is half the size, and in two where before it hard the factory recovery on it to reinstall windows is gone, he says he cant do it.
    $1000.00 later RMB 
    the hard drive has stickers on it that seem to match up with all of the stickers on in side of the laptop except ssd hard drive. and the ram card.
    I asked him for the old parts he asked me to come back and he can not give me a receipt like he said he would as it still under warrantee as well he would not do any thing under that.

so how can I find out about the serial numbers ?    as if this new 1tb hard drive is new it should found nothing?

let alone things older then the laptop it self.
    I think its been writing over and not replaced. and my trusty hp x360 is still 10 faster then the acer and yet on paper it is not.
  • themadaussie
    there are tree sectors on 1 tb hard drive and I do not want this so how to remove as he said he can not?????
  • Did you test my previous tips? Have you checked the health of the disc with crystaldiskinfo? https://crystalmark.info/en/download/#CrystalDiskInfo

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• themadaussie
     Hello my computer would not get online so I was unable to download anything.
    the shop changed both drives ssd and 2.5" why both I don't know?  ssd is half the size.

but the 2.5" I do not believe they changed it, the ssd was cheap and the 2.5 expensive he said because bigger?  I don't believe the ssd should be the expensive one Agree?

so while moving files between drives its running 35 peak  and 26 average  the Hp laptop will do 48 to 52 on the same files.

but the acer will do it for around 1min and the speed just drops and stops screen will go blue as well,
    not saving to it self as  well.
    so I thought I would move around it self the files get 5% and stops on the ssd onboard drive and slows down and stops blue screen again,  I was scanning the 1 Tb for files and it is full not my things, so I did not try it.

I need to know to find out about serial numbers from the old drives to the new ones.

• Do you have an ethernet cable to connect to the internet? Have you checked that the disc is 100%? Does the notebook continue to download the updates from windows automatically?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>I need to know to find out about serial numbers from the old drives to the new ones.>>>

You machine's serial number id (SNID) is on the mainboard, not the old drives. Press the WINkey+Rkey. Enter 'cmd'. At the prompt, enter 'wimc bios get serialnumber'. The result is your machine's SNID. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• themadaussie
    Ok, I have done what you asked thanks all seems a lot better, but I still need to see the guy and find out why he sold me a new hard drive and never changed it.
    any I dear how I can get rid off this Chinese writing from my laptop?  it's not on all of the windows just some and more on web sites..  just seems to be when you right click or if it asks you something or when you wish to load or close things.
    you have been a great help thanks heaps, I would buy you a drink if you were local 
    and I am using as we speak, I prefer this to the HP
    Trevor
  • themadaussie
    JackE  I am trying to work out if the shop change my drive I think not as it is full of things some mine and a lot I have no idea, I think they write over it to check it?  so I am trying to find a way of knowing.
    I got charged a lot of money as here in China the overseas person is taking advantage off.
    Thanks, Trevor
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer