Hi, I have aan Acer swift 3 SF315-51G and the camera and microphone are not working

2»

Answers

• zishansidekick
    zishansidekick Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    Doesn't matter if it was upgraded or clean installed. If the ALT+F10 cold boot method doesn't work, then the hidden ACER-flavored Win10 home partition has been overwritten with a generic Microsoft Pro recovery partition. The hidden Pro partition only works from inside the Pro Control Panel, not outside via the ACER ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method. Jack E/NJ
    Ok anyway i can do this spending money?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry. I have to sign off now but will resume discussions tomorrow. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    If you're absolutely sure ALT+F10 doesn't work (you must press and hold the ALT key and start tapping the F10 key immediately after turning the machine on---don't wait for the ACER logo splash screen to appear), then the next best way is to buy the ACER recovery USB or DVD media based on your machine's serial number id (SNID) from the ACER online store https://store.acer.com/en-ca/erecovery/rcd/ . Price about $50 CD

Jack E/NJ

yes this does work. But doesnt give me the option to reset and is a little different menu. It says to recover from backup or restore from an image.
    Also no way to solve it without spending money?
  • JackE
    We can try. First, download and try running iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll at least clear up the microphone issue. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  Make sure nothing is plugged into the mic/headset jack.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    We can try. First, download and try running iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll at least clear up the microphone issue. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  Make sure nothing is plugged into the mic/headset jack.  Jack E/NJ

Hi i tried usng the software but it does not help for the microphone problem
  • zishansidekick
    JackE said:

hi i also found this txt inside oem folder. Does this mean anything for camera?
  • JackE
    JackE said:
    >>>I dont know since when the camera and microphone are not working>>>

Have you ever used the camera or microphone? If yes, how long ago? Jack E/NJ
    >>>Yes a long time age. I dont quite remember since when they were are not workin. Almost 9-10 months. >>>>

If the camera.txt file dated before you acquired the machine, it doesn't mean much. Have you ever used the camera or mike since you changed to Pro? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    JackE said:
    >>>I dont know since when the camera and microphone are not working>>>

Have you ever used the camera or microphone? If yes, how long ago? Jack E/NJ
    >>>Yes a long time age. I dont quite remember since when they were are not workin. Almost 9-10 months. >>>>

If the camera.txt file dated before you acquired the machine, it doesn't mean much. Have you ever used the camera or mike since you changed to Pro? Jack E/NJ  
    No. And i think its new since i reinstalled
  • JackE
    >>>And i think its new since i reinstalled >>>

What's the date stamp on the Camera.TXT file?  That should reveal if it came before or after the Pro installation. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    >>>And i think its new since i reinstalled >>>

What's the date stamp on the Camera.TXT file?  That should reveal if it came before or after the Pro installation. Jack E/NJ
    It dates back before I installed anything. Actually also before i bought the laptop 
  • JackE

JackE said:

Hi i tried usng the software but it does not help for the microphone problem
    OK. Then the camera.txt file doesn't mean much now. Did DriverBooster at least get the camera working again? If yes, you might want to try either running it again or try another driver update freeware by googling those terms. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JayanthSaikiran
    JayanthSaikiran Member Posts: 4 New User
    I am using Acer swift 3 , I am having the same problem too.
  • JackE
    JayanthSaikiranTry the suggestions already made particularly with downloading and try DriverBooster freeware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    JayanthSaikiranTry the suggestions already made particularly with downloading and try DriverBooster freeware. Jack E/NJ

Driver booster does nothing 
  • JackE
    Sorry. Google driver freeware for other driver updaters that might resolve the issue. But at this point the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is with the original factory recovery usb or DVD based on the machine's serial number id (SNID) from the ACER online store. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• zishansidekick
    JackE said:
    Sorry. Google driver freeware for other driver updaters that might resolve the issue. But at this point the best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is with the original factory recovery usb or DVD based on the machine's serial number id (SNID) from the ACER online store. Jack E/NJ
    is it not possible for me to reach out someone with the same laptop and get somes files from their laptop or something. Or cant I find recovery management online somewhere?
  • JackE
    All the ACER driver versions shipped with your machine were specifically designed to work with the ACER-flavored Win10 Home version that also shipped with your machine. The problem is we don't really know the point at which the camera and mike stopped working. They could've stopped working at the time of a major Win10 Home update. Or at the time Win10 Pro was installed. Or even at the time of a Win10 Pro update. We don't know when it happened.

Up till now, we've been assuming it's probably due to one of these updates or to the Win10 pro installation and not a hardware isssue. But it may be a hardware issue. The best way determine if it's due to software or hardware is a Win10 Home factory recovery that is no longer on your HDD. It is only available by purchase from the ACER on line store as a USB or DVD based on your machine's serial number id (SNID).

Since you want to keep trying to resolve these issues via software but without the expense of this recovery media, then I can only suggest that you try other driver update freeware that may work where DriverBooster failed. Jack E/NJ      

Jack E/NJ