VGA: AMD Radeon Vega 8 Mobile Graphics

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What problem are you having with the latest ACER driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• aslampangestu
    aslampangestu Member Posts: 3 New User
    in official amd driver, they already in version 19.2, but now in acer only 17.7 and last update is 2018/05/04. i think this is too long
  • JackE
    Yes, but what problems or issues are you having with the latest ACER driver? If it's working properly with no problems or issues, why would you want an update? You think it is too long for what reason? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• aslampangestu
    aslampangestu Member Posts: 3 New User
    Every software need an update, but if there is no update that software maybe will show some bug later (there is the reason why every software need update, include driver)
  • alvinvin00
    alvinvin00 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Every software need an update, but if there is no update that software maybe will show some bug later (there is the reason why every software need update, include driver)
    from what i heard on CES, AMD will take over Driver Update for Ryzen Mobile this February
  • JackE
    Updates usually appear after not before bugs are found. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AutoNooB
    AutoNooB Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Updates usually appear after not before bugs are found. Jack E/NJ
    I don't have a lot of understanding on these drivers and stuff, but I know I just bought Acer Aspire A315-41-R74D, so brand new, installed latest VGA driver from your list, and I'm getting green/pink flashing pixels on youtube, and it crashed once, had to force shut down my laptop. Everything while playing a video... Can you help?
  • JackE
    AutoNooB
    Why did you install the latest driver? Updated drivers should only be installed if you're having problem with the old driver. Since it's new, I suggest you reset the machine to a factory fresh state by following the video below. If the problem persists with a factory reset, then return the machine to the selller as defective for a refund or  exchange. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ