Issue with new monitor

Options
Eldigan
Eldigan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Just got a new Monitor (Acer SB220Q bi 21.5" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Monitor ) and for some reason there is a giant orange glare on the screen. I have a picture of it (https://i.imgur.com/FeMwpKp.jpg). Just copy and paste the link into google. I dont know how to reduce it or remove it. There isnt any lighting in my room or anything that is putting the orange glare there. It kinda looks like its coming from the inside maybe. Only way to reduce the glare is to sit lower under the screen but when i do that, if i sit too low another glare pops up on the top of the screen. Anyone have any ideas as to why or how the glare is there or how i can fix it? Really dont want to send it back.

Comments

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    That is a backlight bleed, which is very common in LCD monitors. Is it noticable when the background is black only?

There is a chance that the new monitor will also have it, but in less amount or more.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Eldigan
    Eldigan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    That is a backlight bleed, which is very common in LCD monitors. Is it noticable when the background is black only?

There is a chance that the new monitor will also have it, but in less amount or more.
    yeah its only really noticeable when its black, thats why the screenshot is black. A bit of an issue because it gets a bit hard to see when in dark areas for a game.