Hi acer community , I just bought my acer predator helios 300 laptop̣̣̣̣̣ (gtx1050ti and i5-8300H).

Options
trevor123
trevor123 Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The laptop comes with the predator sense and I have tried all the predator sense overclock option but the gpu clock has not change after normal/faster/turbo option .
Was this because it is a faulty laptop or is it because the gpu will boost turbo while playing heavy game?

Thank you

Best Answer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    trevor123 said:
    The laptop comes with the predator sense and I have tried all the predator sense overclock option but the gpu clock has not change after normal/faster/turbo option .
    Was this because it is a faulty laptop or is it because the gpu will boost turbo while playing heavy game?

Thank you
    Selecting normal - faster - turbo will NOT keep the GPU at that CONSTANT speed. That's setting the max speed limit that would be reached only WHEN NEEDED.
    It is like your car - rated to go 120 miles an hour, but goes only as needed - the more you press accelerator the faster it goes until that max speed. GPU too stays at lower level conserving power (generating less heat) and ramps up speed up to that max set when needed, and scales down again when the need is over.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    trevor123 said:

Thank you
    Selecting normal - faster - turbo will NOT keep the GPU at that CONSTANT speed. That's setting the max speed limit that would be reached only WHEN NEEDED.
    It is like your car - rated to go 120 miles an hour, but goes only as needed - the more you press accelerator the faster it goes until that max speed. GPU too stays at lower level conserving power (generating less heat) and ramps up speed up to that max set when needed, and scales down again when the need is over.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    Navigate to C:\ProgramData\OEM\PredatorSense
    Then open the PredatorSense.config in notepad.
    Then separately open device manager and right click your Nvidia GPU and select > properties > 'Details' tab > Click the drop down box and select 'matching device ID'

Once you have those two things open check your PredatorSense.config GPU ID's and compare the boosts given in the text file.
    It will be something like this.

Some of the GPUs come with 50mhz boosts on Turbo by default.. Even mine came will a very low boost clock despite being the 17" version with dual aeroblades.
    - Hotel Hero