x34p Backlight Bleed

Options
mentalyentil
mentalyentil Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
I just picked up an x34p ultra wide and this thing is incredible in almost every single way, but can't get it out of my head that the backlight bleed that I have is a bit too much than normal and I'm wondering if anybody can steer me away from the cliff. The top and bottom right, and bottom left are major hotspots. Pretty well contained, but really bright in that corner and are clearly visible during dark scenes/screens. Is this just going to be the case with an ultrawide IPS like this, or is it more than what is acceptable? Keep in mind the pic embellishes a little. Is this ok or worth an exchange? It was through Amazon so exchanging it will be mostly painless, just have to hope the new one would be better than this. Outside of BLB this thing works flawlessly. No flickering, overclock works perfect, it's great.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    To me this looks a bit too much and I wouldn't consider it a normal amount.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!