Black screen at boot

Inacio33
Inacio33 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Switch 5 after setting up dual boot between Windows 10 and Kali Linux using a Live USB, after accidentally turning my laptop off using the button on the side it does turn on again, but the screen is black and the keyboard doesn’t work. The blue light on the side is on so I know it’s on but I still can do nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Inacio33 said:
    And how would that work, the only way I know to access the BIOS is by pressing F2 at boot, but I can’t do that since my keyboard doesn’t work and the system is probably booted up.
    At the moment I’m waiting for it to maybe run out of battery charge and then when I can charge it up maybe my keyboard will work again.
    try holding Volume up and power button together to access BIOS. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer

Answers

• Rudy21
    Inacio33 said:
    I have an Acer Switch 5 after setting up dual boot between Windows 10 and Kali Linux using a Live USB, after accidentally turning my laptop off using the button on the side it does turn on again, but the screen is black and the keyboard doesn’t work. The blue light on the side is on so I know it’s on but I still can do nothing.

Thanks in advance!
    Check if you are able to get display in the BIOS page.. 
  • Inacio33

Tinkerer

And how would that work, the only way I know to access the BIOS is by pressing F2 at boot, but I can’t do that since my keyboard doesn’t work and the system is probably booted up.
    At the moment I’m waiting for it to maybe run out of battery charge and then when I can charge it up maybe my keyboard will work again.
  • Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Inacio33 said:
  • Inacio33

Tinkerer

Rudy21 said:
    Inacio33 said:
    Thank you very much, I got it working again.
    I tried that before but it was either not long enough or I held the volume down button.
    I was able to boot back up and it’s fully functional again.