Aspire A515-51 not seeing the Qualcomm Adapter QCA 9377, can't connect to the internet.

Rick11
Rick11 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
The adapter is only visible in device manager by selecting view- hidden items. In the adapter properties, general, device status says hardware is not connected to the computer (code45).
The laptop is a week old and this is the second occurrence where no networks are available. Connection through ethernet works fine, as well as through an external USB adapter. A restart fixed it the first time but not this time. No hardware changes have been made to the laptop.
Any help is appreciated!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Rick11 !

First, what exact model of your laptop?
    Are all drivers properly updated?
    Ever tested whether the FN + F3 shortcut (Wireless symbol) turns the card on and off?

Try this:

Change Power Saving Mode of Wireless Adapter

httpswwwisunsharecomimagesarticlewindows-10change-power-saving-mode-of-wireless-adapter-in-windows-10change-power-saving-modepng

By its report, there is still the possibility that the network card is badly connected internally.
    So the error.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Rick11
    Rick11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you MaClane for your response!

I powered up the laptop (A515-51-50EO) this morning and the adapter is working again????? Tried to restart multiple times yesterday with no success.

The drivers are up to date, and I tried multiple drivers, the short cut key worked just to turn on/off airplane mode. If it reoccurs I will try changing the power saver mode. If it continues to happen I will assume the card/ connection is flakey and will return it to the retailer.

Have a great day!

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    If you need anything, just post!
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!