GRAPHICS CARD DISSAPEARED FROM DEVICE MANAGER(Aspire E14 E5-475G-55CB)

hafeezshaikh97
hafeezshaikh97 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My graphics card has dissapeared from device manager, after reInstalling windows 10 and updating BIOS to the latest version (1.21).
I did some research and tried few methods of troubleshooting and tried recovering last windows too. but no luck
all the drivers are up to date. but  It says "no compatible hardware found" when I try to install the Nvidia driver. and also not showing in device manager after showing hidden stuff.
my laptop model is Aspire E14 E5-475G-55CB

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It could be something due to the BIOS update that you have done. You can try resetting the battery to see if that will help:

What was the reason for re-installing windows and updating the BIOS, if not a secret?

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• hafeezshaikh97
    hafeezshaikh97 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I had some 3rd party malwares. which led me to re-installing windows.
    I tried resetting battery. still no luck.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If you updated from a version that is earlier than 1.19, I assume the issue could be something to do with the VBIOS, because 1.19 does this(Update N16S-GTR x 16 vbios to 82.08.6D.00.29) and during the installation process something might have failed. I don't there is something you can do except contacting Acer support.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!