Acer Aspire X3450 Motherboard Form Factor

JaredM
JaredM Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I am looking to upgrade my X3450, but I am not sure what the motherboard form factor is, from the dimensions the Nadia Da-880l seems to be Micro-atx, but is a custom board. Would it still conform to the standard micro-atx form factor and could I replace it with a micro-atx or mini-itx motherboard without any issues. Thanks

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Hello,
    The motherboard form factor is DTX.
    France
  • JaredM
    JaredM Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Laurent_14, Thank you for the response. DTX is new to me but I did a search on it now. So would a mini itx board be compatible with the case in terms of the stand offs/screw placements ? I don't really know my options in terms of motherboards as I see it's an AMD form factor from 2007 so I doubt my plan for my 2nd ryzen APU htpc is a viable build in this case. 
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    You should read these articles about Mini-ITX. and DTX form factor. I think it's possible to fix a mini-ITX in the case.
    "The four mounting holes in a Mini-ITX board line up with four of the holes in ATX-specification motherboards, and the locations of the backplate and expansion slot are the same (though one of the holes used was optional in earlier versions of the ATX spec). Mini-ITX boards can therefore often be used in cases designed for ATX, micro-ATX and other ATX variants if desired"
    "AMD stated that the DTX form factor is an open standard, and is backward compatible with ATX form factor cases."
    France