temperature problem on helios 300

Options
ChiChawww
ChiChawww Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop is predator helios 300 i5 8th gen and 1050 Ti. the thng is that when i play heavy games my temp goes from 75 to 93 dgree easily. the max it goes is too 95 and i have done some reseacrh and i know this temp is common. but sometimes when im playing games my temp doesnt exceed 70 and my clock speed is 1700 too. and my fps drops a little bit not that much to ruin the game. but the tmp stays between 60 and 70 and thats the best thing. so is there any way i can keep temperature in that range doesnt matter if fps drops .

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ChiChawww
    When you play heavy games there will be raise in temp but do not worry about it , because its normal
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ChiChawww
    Try this
    Go to  Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties. Click the “Monitor” tab, choose your monitor's advertised refresh rate from the “Screen Refresh Rate” list, and click “OK”.

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ChiChawww
    When you play heavy games there will be raise in temp but do not worry about it , because its normal
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

• ChiChawww

Tinkerer

Options
    thanks bro that cleared my doubt...just one more thing do you have any idea how to change my refresh rate from 60 hz ??
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ChiChawww
    Try this
    Go to  Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties. Click the “Monitor” tab, choose your monitor's advertised refresh rate from the “Screen Refresh Rate” list, and click “OK”.

• ChiChawww

Tinkerer

Options
    Jack22 said:
    @ChiChawww
    Try this

bro i tried but theres only one option 60 hz one..isnt there anyway to increase the hz ??
  • Jack22
    Options
    @ChiChawww
    I dont think there is way to overclock the refresh rate on the Helios 300. Overclock might void the warranty as well. May be you can try connecting a external monitor with 120 HZ and try.

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can undervolt.
    This simply lessens voltages used on the CPU to alleviate temps.
    While my colleague @Jack22 is correct that high temps in gaming laptops is somewhat normal.. we still don't want thermal throttling as it reduces gaming performance.

I have created a undervolt profile using Throttlestop for the i5-8300H with all the configurations pre-set..
    Simply download the folder and extract in "My Documents" then run Throttlestop.exe and let it run in the background while you game.
    Let me know if it helps!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dut1k3ct3atbdwx/AADb1Ztd08t9B7AazU1TLW_Na?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1DxHBeXdHjmAarvh3nzX0EzVu0zx--7xIpTsLARpEnXdbi9ukqnZpDO28
    - Hotel Hero
  • ChiChawww

Tinkerer

Options
    Red-Sand said:
    You can undervolt.
    This simply lessens voltages used on the CPU to alleviate temps.
    While my colleague @Jack22 is correct that high temps in gaming laptops is somewhat normal.. we still don't want thermal throttling as it reduces gaming performance.

I have created a undervolt profile using Throttlestop for the i5-8300H with all the configurations pre-set..
    Simply download the folder and extract in "My Documents" then run Throttlestop.exe and let it run in the background while you game.
    Let me know if it helps!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dut1k3ct3atbdwx/AADb1Ztd08t9B7AazU1TLW_Na?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR1DxHBeXdHjmAarvh3nzX0EzVu0zx--7xIpTsLARpEnXdbi9ukqnZpDO28
    ok thankyou so much bro ill try this...but can you tell me if theres any disadvantages in this ??? ill sure try this and tell you if this works