XB271HU Backlight Bleed

thejasensensation
thejasensensation Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a Predator XB271HU and I noticed quite a bit of Backlight bleed in the corners. I wouldn't say it's extreme, but definitely noticable especially in dark games like Resident Evil 2 or when watching movies with the top and bottom black bars.
I took a couple photos: one at 30% brightness and another at 80% brightness. And I tried getting angles where the IPS glow wasn't prominent. I just wanted to see if it's bad enough to get a replacement, or if it's a normal amount and the chances of getting a better one would be minimal.
Thank you for your time and all of your input is appreciated.
Top image: 30% Bottom image: 80%

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    That seems like a 'normal' amount of bleed to me.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• thejasensensation
    ven98 said:
    That seems like a 'normal' amount of bleed to me.
    Okay. Just as long as it's normal I guess I'm okay with it. I was completely thrown off at first cuz I wasn't aware of how bad the bleeding issue is on these types of monitors. And for that much money I didn't expect this sort of thing. But it looks great on everything that isn't complete black.
    I have an old hp monitor that's an IPS panel and that has zero bleeding. So why does this have it?
    I can't seem to find out why they can't eliminate this on these gaming monitors. So could anyone give me some insight as to why?
    It doesn't make any sense to me. If I put slight pressure on the back of the bezel, I can make it go away. But when I release it comes back. So I feel there could've been something put inside to put the right amount of pressure all the way around the bezel to fix this. Am I wrong?
  • thejasensensation
    I guess there is no good reason why the bleeding is there. Seems like Acer just made a lazy design. Definitely the first and last Acer product I'll ever buy.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Acer orders the display panel from other manufactures(e.g LG, AUO) and just assembles the parts.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!