Acer predator G3-710 upgrade question

Mblake05
Mblake05 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello, 

I was looking around for a new GPU to replace what I have in my current model (G3-710). I wanted to upgrade to a Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 GPU (My current model is a GTX 950 2GB), but Im not entirely sure if this is supported by my motherboard

I have not changed my PC's specs since I bought this PC about 5 years ago
GPU: GTX 950 2GB
RAM: 8GB DDR4
PSU: Liteon 300W(?) ( I've never heard of this company, to be honest. It came w/ my PC). I may also upgrade to an EVGA 80+ 600W PSU. WIll an EVGA be sufficient?
CPU: Intel 15-6400@ 2.7GhZ

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The motherboard supports GTX 1070. Just make sure the GPU you are planning to purchase fits in the case and 300W PSU won't be sufficient. 600W PSU will be enough.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @Mblake05

I recommend you to click here and read the community thread, which gives information about upgrading. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    The motherboard supports GTX 1070. Just make sure the GPU you are planning to purchase fits in the case and 300W PSU won't be sufficient. 600W PSU will be enough.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!