• jaspreet234g
    jaspreet234g Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

it not even showing any display
    \ it happned when i reboted after the bios update

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Hello! Could you explain your problem better? Did you try to update the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

yes i tried
    \
  • jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

hi.

1-Download the latest BIOS version for your laptop from Acer website,you can double check with them it is the correct BIOS, if you use different model BIOS it may not work or affect your laptop.

2- Check your BIOS is AMI BIOS as Acer use AMI BIOS, as this instruction for AMI BIOS.

3- make bootable USB stick, preferably with led indicator to show that led blinks when the stick is reading by PC.

4- Try PUT the USB stick in the laptop and boot the laptop to see if the laptop is attemting to read the stick, it will blinks for few times and stop, if it does not read the stick, try pressing control and Home to force laptop to read the stick.

5-You can even try with USB stick without making it bootable as it may not be necessary.As AMI BIOS make sector in the BIOS if it fails it will read only USB stick to look for BIOS to copy.

6- When you obtain the new BIOS put on the USB stick and rename to AMIBOOT.ROM, as the sector in the BIOS will read onlt this file, it will blink few times and it takes less than one minute to copy the BIOS then it will blink 4 times indicating that BIOS is copied and will start immediately and ask you to enter the BIOS setting to set time and date, then it will boot to windows.

These instructions taken from ACWER manual, look at your manual or try and download the pdf file of your machine manual and look for this instructions, also try and see original BIOS version and obtain as well.

My first advise now is try and put any usb stick with led indicator and see if the laptop try to read it, it will blink few times.then you are OK to take the above steps.

Good luck.

• jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

i think this will work for me

• jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

any one thier

• What was the version of bios that was previously installed?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

i dont know

• jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

but on bios chip this printed
    AMI-Aptio
    dt-2006

• There are two versions on the Acer website: P01.C1 P0.C1L! The P01.C1L version is for linux operating systems and P01.C01 is for windows 7! Which of these have you upgraded and which operating system is installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

my problem is that i could not even boot to the bios
    to flash it\
    it does only shows  a blak scren or no display
  • jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

i think first it was for windows
  • jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

i dont remember which did i updated

• jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

can u tell me that can i flash my bios with this method

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/482955/#Comment_482955

• jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

come on answer plz
  • What is the operating system that was factory installed on your notebook? Windows 7 or Linux?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jaspreet234g

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    win 7