Predator Helius 300 issue. Power on but won't start up. Distinct orange light on mouse pad button

AshleeRosee
AshleeRosee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Alright here it goes. I have had my predator laptop for a few years. I recently started running into trouble with it a year or so ago. Everything was fine until it would at random decide not to power up. At first it was a small issue- most of the time it would power up fine and work perfectly. But over time the problem got more frequent until 100% of the time it would refuse to work. The problem? I turn the power button on and it would be I guess  "brain dead". There would be lights, keyboad, power light and the mouse pad button would distinctly shine orange which is the first indicator that it would in it's phase. The screen would be completely black and no sound of fans or electronics working. Now once it's in this phase there's nothing I can do to turn it off, all I can do is unplug the charging cable and wait for the battery to drain. Which takes awhile considering the laptop really isn't doing anything. It might also be notable that when this problem first occured I would notice that it would only properly start up if the charging cable was unplugged. So I would turn it on without the cable in and once it was looking promising I could put the cable back in.  But now it does it no matter what. I've been without the laptop for quite awhile now but would love to get it up and running again. I've searched the web for predator users with a similar problem to me but with no luck. Any help would ve appreciated. My friend suggested I take the battery out and try using it just with power from the wall- done that and still does it's brain dead thing...

Answers