Help purchasing a usb-c type screen(swift SF314-51)

NoobEjby
NoobEjby Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi

I have a swift SF314-51 with a usb-c display port and thinking of purchasing a AOC i1601fwux and that needs a (DP Alt mode) is that the same?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    Where did you find this specification DP Alt mode? I checked on AOC website and I only find USB-C.
    For information:
    Using the DisplayPort Alt Mode standard, a USB Type-C connector and cable can deliver full DisplayPort audio/video performance (driving monitor resolutions of 4K and beyond), SuperSpeed USB data, and up to 100 watts of power. DisplayPort is the only display interface alt mode natively supported by both standard USB-C connectors and cables. The new DisplayPort Alt Mode over USB-C Early Product Certification Program is intended to help ensure interoperability early in the development cycle.

USB Type C of SF314-51 specs: USB3.1 Gen 1+PD+DP port (Power Delivery and Display Port supported) so no problems of compatibility.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    Where did you find this specification DP Alt mode? I checked on AOC website and I only find USB-C.
    For information:
    Using the DisplayPort Alt Mode standard, a USB Type-C connector and cable can deliver full DisplayPort audio/video performance (driving monitor resolutions of 4K and beyond), SuperSpeed USB data, and up to 100 watts of power. DisplayPort is the only display interface alt mode natively supported by both standard USB-C connectors and cables. The new DisplayPort Alt Mode over USB-C Early Product Certification Program is intended to help ensure interoperability early in the development cycle.

USB Type C of SF314-51 specs: USB3.1 Gen 1+PD+DP port (Power Delivery and Display Port supported) so no problems of compatibility.

France
  • NoobEjby
    NoobEjby Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi laurent_14

The DP Alt mode specification was found on an Amazon page, so I was a little confused, but with your help I will buy this screen.

Thank you.
  • You're welcome! :)
    France