Correct way to install GPU driver? AN515-42-R5GT

Dootidoot
Dootidoot Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am honestly confused. AMD has no unified driver release. The OEM driver install has no instructions as it seems to install the driver correctly. Some say that you install the driver via a zip program. Some say you install the Vega 64 adrenalin driver. Others say that you should use DDU. What is the true correct way to install the drivers. Using express installation makes no difference to performance or compatibilty.

Answers

• poffguy
    poffguy Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    when i download vga drivers from official acer website for this laptop it goes blank screen and i have to force shut down :( . after that also windows wont start as i get blank screen !
  • C3lv1c3
    C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Remove all drivers via DDU, than download VGA drivers from Acer Site and install them... it's that simple.
  • poffguy
    poffguy Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited February 2019
    Older acer vga official drivers finish install but grafic card in device manager is still not showing and not working, while newest official acer drivers dont finish but make my laptop go blank screen that i have to get it back with restore point !! ive tried even the method with first DDU ,delete amd folder then install acer drivers and doesnt work, also have tried with microsoft drivers manual install and same blank screen happens just like with newest acer drivers !!

Solution: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/642679#Comment_642679