Nitro 5 no boot priority options

poffguy
poffguy Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Greetings i just bought Nitro 5 AN515-42 and im allready dissapointed !!! I have made windows 10 64 bit bootable usb that works on other laptops but on Nitro it wont even recognise usb drive in boot priority options or when pressing f 12 !! It only shows HDD drive and nothing else !!! i have tried disable /enable secure boot and it doesnt matter !!. Acer if issue is not resolved im returning the laptop as it is broken peace of ***** !!

Best Answer

• poffguy
    Answer ✓
    Problem Solved with windows update 1803 !! windows update did not installed it , had to be manually downloaded and installed !.after that grafic cards are recognised and acer drivers can be installed !!.. So its really important to have windows 10 updated up to 1803 for grafic card drivers to work !!!

Answers

• poffguy
    edited February 2019
    Solved by formating usb to fat32 !!..i really thought acer blew it with no usb boot support for laptop !!!! Its weird that it doesnt show usb option even with usb plugged in so you think it doesnt work at all !...
  • poffguy
    Why i cant install vga drivers from acer website !?. screen goes blank , laptop not responding ,and entire windows installation goes bad as blank screen is even after forced shutdown reebot !!?
  • poffguy
    so much for the gaming laptop !
  • poffguy
    hello i just bought brand new acer nitro 5 AN515-42 R3VU MFG date 2019.01.09 . It came with Linpus Linux wich i deleted and installed windows 10 i have done windows update!. After update was completed ive installed all acer drivers no problem except for vga !. When i download and install older vga drivers17.40.6001.2601  from official acer website, installation is complete, but after restart nothing happens,vga cards remain unknown in device manager and nothing is much changed !. But when i install newer version 17.40.6001.3304 screen goes blank , installation doesnt finish as i waited 30 min with blank screen while nothing happens and windows 10 become broken even after forced restart !. Ive tried DDU drivers removal tool then install acer drivers and doesnt help, ive tried even official microsoft drivers manual install https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=rx 560x 23.20.826.8448,these drivers also make screen go blank and computer freezes !!. With or without Windows 10  updated , both acer drivers wont work !.As i tried several times with both clean fresh installed windows 10 and with windows 10 updated one but same happens in both cases, drivers dont work or make laptop go blank screen !!. Anyone else having the same problem !? . Have i bought to much new laptop and drivers aint optimised or i get laptop with faulty broken vga card !? .. Here is pictures of device manager before installing vga drivers17.40.6001.2601 and after !! 

after vga 17.40.6001.2601 installed

• XietrZ
    XietrZ Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is it okay that you post images what appears on your bios when you insert a bootable usb? I used rufus to create a bootable and want to install ubuntu and selected GPT and Fat32 but still wont appear

• poffguy
    edited February 2019
    i had windows 10 installation on ntfs format and laptop would not read it while pressing f12 , then with my other laptop i copied files from usb ,then formated usb to fat 32 ,then copied windows files back to usb !. Inserted usb in my nitro 5 , pressed f12 and it showed boot option from usb !. In bios u need to enable f12 tho !.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Download and try iobit's DriverBooster freeware https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• poffguy
    Answer ✓
    Problem Solved with windows update 1803 !! windows update did not installed it , had to be manually downloaded and installed !.after that grafic cards are recognised and acer drivers can be installed !!.. So its really important to have windows 10 updated up to 1803 for grafic card drivers to work !!!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Congrats. Hope 1809 keeps it that way.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    poffguy said:
    Yup, keeping Windows 10 updated means it also updates drivers for most of the components of a PC.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!