ARE YOUR GAMES STUTTERING LATELY? IF YES, TRY THIS FIX.

ad6g7g8g
ad6g7g8g Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have an Acer Swift 3 SF315-51G-57QM model and I'd been experiencing strange stuttering(FPS suddenly drops down and comes back up) while playing any game out there, be it new AAA titles or older games. I've seen many posts here about the same problem for many people, and I think there is a possible fix:-
Step 1: Download Nvidia driver version 391.35 and do a clean install of this driver. 
Step 2: Type in "Edit Power Plan" in windows 10 start> Then go to Change advanced power settings in the window that opened up> Scroll down till you see "Processor Power Management",expand it> Set minimum processor state for "plugged in" to 99%> Set Maximum processor state for "plugged in" to 99%". What this does is that it keeps the cpu running at 1.6ghz and not at 3.4ghz while playing games so that the cpu does not throttle down and cause stutters. I'd recommend setting this as a power plan for gaming, and for normal use make another power plan with the default settings.(Keeps cpu at 3.4ghz which is good for windows 10)
That's it. This solved the stuttering problem for me so I thought I'd share it here.
Cheers. Happy Gaming.