Blue Screen Errors and slow downs

rawshan787
rawshan787 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I keep on getting errors such as Attempted_To_Write_To_Read_Only_Memory and other errors during use. Also when I go into settings to check for updates an error occurs where windows is unable to connect to update service. I have tried to fix it by factory resetting my device but they are still occurring and currently I am running a system scan using the Windows PowerShell.

Additionally my laptop performs simple tasks such as opening different applications such as a web browser very slowly despite the hardware being very capable and the system software being fully updated. Games however run well except for some heavy frame-rate drops which is becoming more frequent and sometimes the game crashes completely. I haven't really tried to address this issue myself.

Am I doing anything incorrectly and are there any other better solutions to the problems I am facing?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Click 'button". Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currently available'. Scroll down and uncheck box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Also uninstall, don't just disable, any non=Microsoft antivirus or antimalware. Shut Windows down. Turn machine back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ