Bricked Aspire R 15 5-571TG

Phicurious
Phicurious Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hulp. I suspect it passed out and went into a coma state from being left by the heater and overheating. I didn't install a BIOS or any other updates, not myself at least. It is also possible my recently rooted phone (systemless thru Magisk) that I sometimes charge via a USB though the laptop may be a culprit.

The video is null. Screen black no matter what it seems but the orange battery and blue lights ~work. There is no fan or keyboard lights on either. I have tried:

resetting the battery thru the pinhole. Holding the on-button for a million seconds (maybe not long enough?). Both when it had the A/C adaptor and not. Opening up the laptop and removing the battery - and then reseting via a 2 minute power-button hold&plugging the A/C in battery less.

Using an external monitor. Nothing.  

*Last night I opened the back again, and the orange battery light is no longer on... will open it again and be super scrutinizingly careful to fix it and wondering if this relates to the root issue here. 

I know I am missing something but don't know computers enough to have the intelligence. It''s been down for a little more than a week. Would deeply appreciate your help. Tia ♡ 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If the rooted phone can somehow cause a problem it will be on a software level, which means the laptop should be able to turn on at least.

I doubt that the issue is because of overheating, because the system has built-in features that will protect it from overheating. Was the laptop turned on when it was sitting by the heater?

This device supports charging via USB-C. It might be the culprit, but it isn't because it is not supported by the device.

I think that something of the motherboard has died.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Phicurious
    Phicurious Member Posts: 2 New User
    I don't know if it is turning on, as the blue light turns on but nothing else happens. 

No screen, keyboard lights or sounds. When the case is off, I can feel heat moving only through certain places. So I wonder if there is a disconnection between parts. 

The laptop was on when it "turned off" (broke) by the heater- which honestly was not very hot. But I do remember feeling the battery charger as unusually hot, and noting a sound (its last one, maybe) the laptop made from another room, before discovering it in this sordid state.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I think it is quite possible that what happened to the device might have nothing to do with being close to the heater and it was just a coincidence.

You can try opening the laptop and refitting the RAM modules by disconnecting them, then cleaning the contacts and placing them back.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!