Can't install latest RX 560X Radeon drivers on the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42.

LjoVe97
LjoVe97 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey all. In device manager, according to Windows 10, the latest drivers for the card are the 23.20.826.8448. which are currently installed. If I try to update the drivers regularly for my 560X by installing the Adrenalin Software with the latest drivers released somewhere end of january (full package, over 300mb) I get an error after installation saying it's only been partially installed. When I click "view log" it says that every other driver (audio, radeon settings setup) was successfully installed except the latest display driver which says Fail. When I click on Error Messages it simply says Package not installed successfully. When I even try to update to the latest WIndows 10 certified drivers (the .cab extension) and run the setup inf files (right click then install), after a minute it says Operation Completed Successfully. And then when I go to device manager the driver version hasn't changed at all, it stayed the old version. 

I tried many of the "fixes" I found online, I disconnected from the internet, I ran amd clean install utility and completely removed all amd drivers and tried installing the adrenalin software again (to no avail, still same error), and the .cab file fix didn't work either. 

Though while deleting with the amd clean install utility I did notice right after the drivers were deleted and the resolution went 800x600, after a few seconds it went back immediately to 1920x1080, maybe Windows 10 installed the drivers again even though the utility program deleted them. Is there a way to stop windows 10 from doing that so I can perform a clean install of the drivers?

Also before you state that it could be an issue, yes, my windows 10 is fully updated and the newest version.

PLease guys some help would really be appreciated.

Answers

• LjoVe97
    LjoVe97 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Bump. Managed to Install some of the newer Microsoft-certified ones through .cab files, but still unable to install the latest ones through the AMD website.
  • C3lv1c3
    C3lv1c3 Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    When I try the newest AMD-Adrenaline from Homepage it installs verything except the newest driver. Any idea how to force install? I need a new driver because the normal one from acer makes Youtube Videos and other videos from time to time "greenscreen"
  • rogacz
    rogacz Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Bad news. Latest driver for 560x is from 10.2018, nevest dont work on 560x, only on 560.
  • poffguy
    poffguy Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    ive tried acer drivers from their website, and they make laptop go blank screen forever and u cant do anything except force shut down after what u again get blank screen instead windows !!! No way to repear but install windows again !! ive had countless laptops and computers and never had this level of ***** like from acer !!!
  • rogacz
    rogacz Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

No way to repear but install windows again !! ive had countless laptops and computers and never had this level of ***** like from acer !!!
    Its only your fault. You force install drivers for other gpu :) Probably when you force f8 you can repair that situation.
  • Woofah
    Woofah Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    AMD will be supporting the first and second gen mobile chipsets sometime soon. They will be putting up downloads for the drivers on their site. Not sure when that is happening yet.
  • poffguy
    rogacz said:s
    No way to repear but install windows again !! ive had countless laptops and computers and never had this level of ***** like from acer !!!
    Its only your fault. You force install drivers for other gpu :) Probably when you force f8 you can repair that situation.
    what other gpu !? drivers are from official acer site for exact model of laptop like mine !. and f8 doesnt work at all ,win 10 wont go safe mode and i get blank screen again !!
  • poffguy
    edited February 2019
    Older acer official vga drivers finish install but grafic card in device manager is still not showing and not working, while newest official acer drivers dont finish but make my laptop go blank screen that i have to get it back with restore point !! ive tried even the method with first DDU ,delete amd folder, then install acer drivers and doesnt work, also have tried with microsoft drivers manual install and same blank screen happens just like with newest acer drivers !!

Solution: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/642679#Comment_642679  
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi LjoVe97,

Have you tried again with latest AMD driver? they have release a version "Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2" that i have tested in our lab and it works:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x

Release No​tes: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-3-2

Acer-Manny
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    poffguy said:
    ive tried acer drivers from their website, and they make laptop go blank screen forever and u cant do anything except force shut down after what u again get blank screen instead windows !!! No way to repear but install windows again !! ive had countless laptops and computers and never had this level of ***** like from acer !!!
    I installed the drivers from their website in March which was the 1st official AMD driver package for"Mobile RX560X". Everything before that date is a force install, there are plenty of threads on this website that told people how to do it and the risk. The official drivers installed perfectly on my Laptop,. Not Acers or AMD's fault.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• F7GOS
    F7GOS Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi LjoVe97,

Have you tried again with latest AMD driver? they have release a version "Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.2" that i have tested in our lab and it works:  https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x

Release No​tes: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-3-2

Acer-Manny
    Can you actually use Radeon Settings after the restart? anything other than the old 17.7 driver on my Nitro 5 freaks out when trying to open the settings, the driver installs but the package as a whole fails. 
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    2019 adernaline drivers works flawlessly on my an515-42 the only thing needs to be done is a proper install