Connecting two monitors to an Aspire TC-885 desktop

WaltK
WaltK Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I just bought a new Aspire TC-885 desktop.  I am attempting to connect two monitors via the HDMI ports.  it doesn't recognize the second monitor. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night WaltK !

Take a look this:
    https://www.wikihow.com/Set-Up-Dual-Monitors

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Some models have graphics card installed and some do not. If you have a graphics card you can't use the onboard video and visa versa. Which ports are you trying to use?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BuilderMC105
    BuilderMC105 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can someone help me with installing two monitors to an acer aspire-885
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear WaltK and BuilderMC105,

What do you mean by doesn't recognize the second monitor? All black screen?

I have an Aspire TC-885-UA91 (don't know the sub-model number for your computers). Assuming that you guys have not added a graphics card yet, and are using the on board graphics. There should be 3 graphics ports (1 VGA + 2 HDMI). All of these ports should work and that can support up to three monitors. Is it the first time you guys using two monitors to one computer?
    Assuming you have the right VGA and HDMI cables. If you want to use 4K TV as a display(monitor), the HDMI cable has to be a 4K cable, otherwise you will only get 1080p display.

You need to enable the second monitor. In the Windows 10 task bar, go to the Search Field and type "Display Settings". A new window will show up. There is a section for multiple displays. Click "Detect", have Windows 10 to detect which is monitor #1 and monitor #2. Now decide which one will be the primary display. For the non-primary display, you have to enable Windows 10 to extend display to this non-primary monitor. 

See if this will help.
  • Abdull
    Abdull Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem with my Aspire TC-886 desktop
    I went to the retailer explaining the issue. They said "It looks like ports are disabled by the manufacturer"
    I've tried to look online on how to enable it by myself, unfortunately, nothing really helped. I'm contacting the manufacturer then will update you guys.

Regards
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear Abdull,

Were you able to detect display under "Display Setting" ? Were you able to use the monitor and the cable with other PC to prove they are good?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    On these models the onboard video ports are disabled when there's a GPU card inserted. So if you have a graphics card use the ports on the card, if you don't have a graphics card use the ports on the motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.