Brand New Acer Aspire 1 keeps freezing Aspire 1 - A114-31-C2FP

Skateallday
Skateallday Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone new to the forum.

Just purchased an Acer Aspire 1 - A114-31-C2FP.

Set it up all fine, however it keeps just randomly freezing when I am doing simple tasks like writing a word doc, with nothing else open or running. The only way I seem to be able to resolve the issue is to hard reset by holding the power down. I will admit I wasn't expecting great performance from a budget laptop but surely this should not be happening fresh out of the box? Should I send to Acer, as the retailer (very) I bought the laptop from don't except returns after you have set the machine up. 

any help, advice or tips would be great. 

Thanks 

Skateallday.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currently available'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Then shutdown. Then turn the machine back on. If that fixes the issue, leave the fast boot setting disabled. If not, remove the charger. On the bottom, look for a pinhole with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip into the hole for about 10 seconds to disconnect the batter. Then let the machine rest for about 15 mins and try again. If neither fixes the issue, your set up is NOT all fine. Accordingly, return the machine to the seller as defective for a refund or exchange ASAP. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Skateallday Is any error code displayed when the notebook freezes? Have you been to www.intel.com to update your notebook drivers?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)