FPS DROP ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 500

pileee
pileee Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone! 
I really need help. I just bough my new lap top Acer Predator Helios 500 amd version, and for the last few days i played dota 2 and fortnite on maximum fps 240 with an amazing performance. last time i played was last night and everything was fine. now this morinng when i started the fortnite my fps dropped down by x2. i do not know what is the issue i never changed anything or touched anytihng it just happened.
I also have amd radon gpu settings and already few times in the past i used the option game advisor to test and monitor game performance and everytime it said that i have an amazing performance in both games. Now when my fps dropped i just the game adivsor again and it said the perfomance in this game can be improved and the overall mark was lower than before and it gave me 4 reccomendation that i should change in order to fix this but all of them were regarding the in game options which were never changed and now i do not what to do or how to fix this , this just suddenly happened and i have no clue why so if somebody knows please help me. thank you

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • pileee

Tinkerer

edited February 2019
    @Jack22
    thanks for the answer, but this isnt my issue non of these can help me, my lap top is new 5 days old everything went great untill this morning for no reason my fps dropped x2 down. the point is that i had 240 fps wiht few epic options in game and now i have 80-125 and even if i put everything on low literally nothing changes fps same 80-125 i do not know why is this happening is it cuz of the cpu or gpu i do know and i cant find answer anywhere ..
  • pileee

Tinkerer

it is like my top fps now could not be over 120 whatever changes i make it can not go over that dunno wtf is happening..i just bought this laptop and paid a lot of money and now this happens for no reason..
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Is the laptop plugged in while you are gaming? 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   

• pileee

Tinkerer

@ven98 yes it is and it is put on high performance
    cpu - amd ryzen 7 2700 3-2 up to 4.1 ghz
    gpu radeon vega 56 series
    windows 10 home
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Try setting in on balanced to see if that will make a change. Also make sure Vsync is disabled. There is no reason to have the fps higher than 144, when the screen refresh rate is 144Hz.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!