Unhappy with product (Aspire E 15)

dflo
dflo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have had my Aspire E 15 in to ACER for service twice with no resolution. Whenever I use it, it takes 5-15 minutes to lock up and then goes to the BSOD. When I reboot, I get a message that there is no bootable devise. The first time I had it in for service (December 2018) they replaced the SSD and returned it. Same problem. The second time I sent it in (also December 2018) they returned it stating they could find no problem. Same problem. In the meantime, the warranty ran out (Jan 1, 2019). Just called the service desk and they asked for $199 (then $139, the $99 for an extended warranty) to which I refused. I've spent more than $100 already packing and shipping it back to ACER. As a last resort, I took it to a local computer repair shop which assured me the motherboard was damaged. During my last conversation with the service department, the tech told me it was not the motherboard. I'm so unhappy with the laptop right now I'm about ready to send it directly to Amazon (from which I purchased it) with my negative comments. Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As a last resort to rule in or rule out a hardware problem, make sure the laptop is completely turned off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. Try re-setting the machine to a factory-fresh state. Immediately after resetting the machine make sure system protection is enabled by opening Control Panel. Search 'restore point' . Then click 'create a restore point' from the left pane. In the box that pops up, make protection is turned ON. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓

Hello dflo,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Acer unit and warranty process. Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As a last resort to rule in or rule out a hardware problem, make sure the laptop is completely turned off. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear as in the video below. Try re-setting the machine to a factory-fresh state. Immediately after resetting the machine make sure system protection is enabled by opening Control Panel. Search 'restore point' . Then click 'create a restore point' from the left pane. In the box that pops up, make protection is turned ON. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓

Hello dflo,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your Acer unit and warranty process. Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny