Turbo boost not working Aspire 5 A515-51G-51J7

Noisyboy
Noisyboy Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
The turbo boost feature on my Acer laptop is not working since I updated windows to version 1809... earlier it used to go all upto 3.4ghz...now it won't cross 1.58ghz....i have an i5_8250u processor....Can anyone say y it is not working ??!! 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Yes plugged in, battery  near 100% charged, and performance power plan before starting heavy loads. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Laptop must be plugged in and battery near 100% charged to allow turbo. What is your full model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Noisyboy
    Aspire 5 A515-51G-51J7
  • JackE
    (1) How do you know it's not working? (2) What problems is it causing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Noisyboy
    I tried running cinebench benchmark....only 88% of total cpu was used according to task manager.... earlier on simply launching adobA illustrator..it used to go all the way up to 3.4ghz...now it doesn't
  • JackE
    88% sounds decent. See what happens if you go back to 1803. Also do you recall the factory BIOS version number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Noisyboy
    Is turbo boost supposed to work only when the laptop is plugged in
  • JackE
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    Yes plugged in, battery  near 100% charged, and performance power plan before starting heavy loads. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ