What’s wrong with my power supply?

Sue11
Sue11 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I bought this computer 1 1/2 ago, I used it once to make a slide show for my Mother’s memorial. My nephew wants me to make him a slide show for his upcoming wedding. I turned it on and it doesn’t work. Because the warranty is over no one at best buy or Acer can help. The geek squad says the power supply is no good. How can this happen?  I used it once. $500.00 down the drain. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,004 Pathfinder
    @Sue11
    1.power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.
    2. Try to charge with different charger and check

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Going to be tough answering without knowing what computer you have? If it's an Aspire Desktop (and there are about a bazillion models) I can't imagine why it would have any problem just sitting around not being used. If it were a laptop or tablet it would make perfect sense since they use batteries that will go bad if left uncharged too long. What computer do you actually have?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.