incomplete white horizontal lines sometimes on helios 300 PH315-51 screen

Answers

• One question: Did the Acer engineer disconnect the edp cable from the motherboard, or only from the lcd?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lmgafmc
    lmgafmc Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

only from the lcd
  • In my opinion, you should have checked here too:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lmgafmc

Tinkerer

link to the graphical glitch that occured on 14 feb 2019. https://youtu.be/KE-ANZ7XiM0
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In my opinion, this is a problem on edp cable or display! Have you checked that the problem also remains on an external monitor? Because if the problem manifests itself on the external monitor, this would indicate a problem on the graphics chip!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

I am puzzled by the problem myself. today another engineer came from service centre. The graphical glitch did not occur in front of him (as it is very irregular and happens on its own). but i showed him the video. he said this is because of faulty lcd with probably loose edp cable connector. he opened the display and took the picture of lcd (So as to order a new one)....and that's it. So he said that somebody would come in few days to change the lcd and hopefully the matter should resolve....ok so ....once he went away, i was using my laptop and suddenly again the glitch occured and the screen turned green. this time i thought to see if the display looks same on external tv monitor also. as soon as i connected it to my TV thru hd cable both displays became fine(TV as well as laptop). I am puzzled..secondly when it happened again second time (while working on laptop) i just closed the lid(screen) of laptop without restrating or shutting it down. as sson as i opened it again the display worked fine. what can it be...
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited February 2019
    When you connect through the hdmi de nvidia becomes the main gpu dedicated to the hdmi port as its directly connected to it when you are using the display the intel uses it  when you arent running any apps directly through the gtx like browsing etc resuming the gtx only triggers if you setup an app/game to run through itof if you have it setup as performance gpu which wil trigger on games etc aart from that its the intel that runs 100% of the time

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Let's wait for the EDP cable and the display to see if it solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

my display has been changed. but somehow i feel the colors are now looking very bland. i dont know but the screen looks like washed. colors are not at all sharp. i dont know why. i hope they put the right display for this model.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited February 2019
    Ok! Have you tried uninstalling the monitor driver and the video cards in the device manager? Have you tried upgrading the drivers here?
    www.intel.com
    www.nvidia.com
    Could you make a video with this problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

actually i dont want to try anything funny....because the things appear to be fine for the moment...no glitches as of now... i think i will have to live with the way the desktop looks....
  • Did you try to calibrate the contrast?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJUT2NU489I

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

yes i tried. but no improvement. i cant update intel drivers. How do i do that ??
  • Your model has a different graphical interface, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

i dont know the reason but there is a great problem with various driver versions. as soon as i use nvidia 399.24 my games and display looks good. i think this is the problem with the drivers. as of now game looks fine. colors are ok.
  • This can happen! It may happen that some driver is outdated, better optimized than a more current driver! Keep testing and post the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

as of today the laptop is working fine after the display change.....
  • After almost four months, we were able to solve your problem! If my answer helped you, accept it to get the topic resolved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lmgafmc

Tinkerer

I thank you for all your replies. I hope my laptop keeps on working fine....
This discussion has been closed.