Error while installing Acer Quick Access(Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G-5762)

patrickfeeney
patrickfeeney Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am trying to install acer quick access after reinstalling windows 10 because of an error while updating. Buit when I'm installing it, it gives me an error. I have attached the screen shot to this publication. Please help me guys and girls! Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    (1) Uninstall, not just disable, all non-Microsoft antimalware apps like kaspersky.
    (2) How did you re-install Win10 and why?
    (3) What is your full model number?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    1. I use kaspersky as my main antimalware, I have to really uninstall?
    2. I reainstalled windows with a usb with the windows media creation tool.
    3. Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G-5762

Thanks for responding! Pls continue helping me!
  • JackE
    (1) Why did you reinstall a generic version of Win10 instead of the ACER Win10 version that's on a hidden HDD partition?
    (2) Why did you reinstall Win10?
    (3) Why are you relying on Kaspersky as the main antimalware instead of Windows Defender & Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    I didnt knew that! Lol im so stupid, i asked on windows forums and they told me to do that, sooo... what you recomend me doing? Download the Acer ISO?
  • JackE
    Try this. Make sure the machine's completely turned off. Then turn it back on and ***immediately*** press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. If the hidden ACER recovery partition is still intact, you should get a screen as shown in the video below to allow you to re-set the machine to an ACER factory-fresh Win10 installation with all the drivers and apps, including AcerQuickAccess, that was on the machine when you first got. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    It doesnt works, what can I do?
  • patrickfeeney
    Doesnt works, I erased the disk completely.
  • JackE
    Just to make sure, shut the machine completely off again. Then turn it back on and immediately tap the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. In the BIOS Main tab, is the D2D option enabled? If not, enable it and try the ALT+F10 procedure again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    Its already activated. Cant give me the iso and the partitions I have to do? 
  • JackE
    edited January 2019
    If the machine was purchased in the US or Canada, you can order the ACER-flavored Win10 USB installation stick or DVD online. Price about $46 USD. If not, you'd have to try to get it through a regional ACER service center. The ACER-flavored iso is not available for online downloading because its drivers and apps are specifically tailored to your machine's serial number id (SNID).  However, I still think the latest QuickAccess will install if you get rid of Kaspersky. Why are you still relying on Kaspersky instead of Windows Defender along with the Windows Malicious Software Removal tool? The latter Microsoft antimalwares are regularly updated, probably even more than Kaspersky. Why do you think it's better than Microsoft's own protections for its own operating system?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    edited January 2019
    I have already uninstalled kasperky as you said before. But I still cant uninstall the program, nor uninstall because I clicked on ignore on the error it showed up after, like 5 tries.
  • JackE
    OK. Try this. Right click the Quick Access installation EXE file. In the box that pops up select run as administrator. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    OMG, I dont want to sound like...But I already tried that dude.
  • patrickfeeney
    Like it didnt let me uninstall the program so I erased the folders of quickaccess. But then I saw that quick access keep showing up in the uninstall control panel. I really want to have the ability to control the fan speed, because I am also thinking of playing in this laptop. I've payed for this men, I appreciate you for responding, but please keep helping me!
  • JackE
    >>>But then I saw that quick access keep showing up in the uninstall control panel.>>>

Try this. Search 'quick access'. Click on the popup. Should already be in c:\program files\acer\acerquickaccess\quickaccess.exe if you want to make a desktop shortcut.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    Ok?...but when I try to install it, the uninstall exe opens up. So now I cant uninstall completely nor install correctly. 
  • patrickfeeney
    JackE said:
    >>>But then I saw that quick access keep showing up in the uninstall control panel.>>>

Try this. Search 'quick access'. Click on the popup. Should already be in c:\program files\acer\acerquickaccess\quickaccess.exe if you want to make a desktop shortcut.  Jack E/NJ

I erased that folder because I wanted to uninstall it.
  • JackE
    >>>>I erased that folder because I wanted to uninstall it. >>>>

Not the way to uninstall. Let's try this. Open Control Panel. Click Programs. Click uninstall a program. Click on AcerQuickAccess if it's listed there. And try to uninstall it from Control Panel. We've got to try to remove all vestages of old Quick Access before it can be re-installed. By deleting that old folder it may not be possible without editing the registry, a last resort sort of thing. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• patrickfeeney
    I first tried to uninstall it from the control panel, but because I couldnt, I tried erasing the folders. 
    pd: I want access to the control of fan speed, because I want to game a little bit.
  • JackE
    >>> I want access to the control of fan speed, because I want to game a little bit. >>>

OK. Let's discuss this. Why do you feel the need to control the fanspeed instead of letting the machine automatically control fan speed based on its normal operating temperatures? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ