Help finding headset settings on Nitro 5?

tequileros97
tequileros97 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
When I would plug in my headphones, I used to get a window pop-up that asked what I just plugged in and it gave me a short list of options to choose from (headphone, headset, etc.). I selected the checkbox to never pop up the window again since it got annoying, but a month later I bought some earphones with a built-in mic and when I plug it in the computer is still using the webcam mic instead of the headset mic. How I get the window to pop up again, or how do I get the computer use the headset mic as the default mic? My headphones aren't showing up under the sound settings since it's not a gaming headset but I want the computer to treat them like one when I plug it in the audio jack so I can use the mic on it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,845 Trailblazer
    What is the headset you're trying to use. The plug's ring out makes a difference as shown in the image below. Usually should be PC or OMTP. Try right clicking the speaker icon, choose either the playback or recording devices. if you don't see the headset, it probably has the wrong type of plug. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ