Ram upgrade

fireexplorer23
fireexplorer23 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So I have a Acer Nitro 5 ANA515-53-52FA and I have been noticing that my memory is at 68 percent used with just Microsoft edge it's self. I currently have 8GB of ram and I want to switch to 16GB. My question is would this help with the memory issue so I can have other programs open without worrying and will it improve gameplay in anyway such as EmergeNYC.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Having 8GB will improve performance in games only if there wasn't enough RAM to run the game requirements. 

More RAM will definitely allow more programs to run at the same time.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• fireexplorer23
    fireexplorer23 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    ven98 said:
    Having 8GB will improve performance in games only if there wasn't enough RAM to run the game requirements. 

More RAM will definitely allow more programs to run at the same time.
    Is there any reason why so much memory is being used while only using Microsoft edge
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Open task manager and sort the applications by memory usage to find out what is eating your memory most 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!