Looking for someone with the same problem Acer Orion 9000

Options
FransvdBerg
FransvdBerg Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought the Acer Orion 9000 series with 7800x processor and gtx 1070. After 2 days it seemed that pcie slot 4 did not work with my firewire expansion card nor with my pcie esata card. The motherboard is a few days ago replaced and still the same problem with the new motherboard. pcie slot 4 does not work and seemes to be non active.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    Did the slot work the first day or two? Does Device Manager still see the card, but with errors or has it disappeared entirely? That slot should work with any PCIe x1...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FransvdBerg
    FransvdBerg Member Posts: 20 Networker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    In both circumstances ( board 1 and board 2 ) the cards never where seen in the device manager. Acer repair centre here in the netherlands dont understand the problem. Today ( 29 Jan 2019 ) they will try to contact Acers headquaters to know more about the problem. They even take into account that pci_e slot 4 is disabled from the factory. Acer repair Netherlands do not get it.

Also now after replacing the motherboard and installing windows from the hidden partition the acer predator sense software is not installed and the hardware know for overcloking is not working.  When i push the hardware button for overclocking the knob starts blinking and after a few seconds the light goes out. When i download the latest predator sense software and try to install i get the message this machine is not supported

Today acer assured me the will get in contact with me for the next step for resolving the problem