Help recover BIOS for Veriton X4620G part number DT.VE9EG.017

teddybear
teddybear Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi, 
I have tried to update the BIOS and after a successful restart, now the PC does not boot. I had tried to reset the BIOS from the jumper on the motherboard. After reset, at start the CPU fan starts spinning then stops for a few seconds and starts spinning again and then the bios makes 5 beeps followed by a distinct shorter beep and still doesn't work. If an USB drive is connected to the computer, before and after those beeps, the small led on the USB drive it's flashing for few seconds.
Can you help me with the original BIOS file and the recovery procedure using an USB stick?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Which BIOS was in it originally? Which version did you try to install? What error made you decide to install a new BIOS? IIRC that system uses an AMI BIOS so the beep codes may help diagnose it. Have you tried reseating the memory and booting with all peripherals except the keyboard, mouse and monitor disconnected?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • teddybear
    billsey said:
    Which BIOS was in it originally? Which version did you try to install? What error made you decide to install a new BIOS? IIRC that system uses an AMI BIOS so the beep codes may help diagnose it. Have you tried reseating the memory and booting with all peripherals except the keyboard, mouse and monitor disconnected?
    The original version was P01-A2C1. Randomly the USB3 ports were not available. 
    I tried to reset the bios from the mobo's CLR_CMOS jumper, disconnected the DVD-RW and the HDD and tried to boot. No luck. I've flashed the P11.A3 version from Windows. After the first restart, the windows would hang with BSOD at startup. I've turned the PC off, removed the power cord and then used the CLR_CMOS jumper, hoping that would be fine. but instead it won't boot anymore. The PC starts with those 5 beeps followed by a shorter distinct one. If I plug an USB thumb drive, it tries to read it but then nothing happens. The monitor goes in stand-by....

• teddybear
    it was P01-A3
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    ถ้ามีการ์ดจอแยก ถอดการ์ดจอแยกออกครับ เสร็จสิ้นภาระกิจครับผม
  • billsey
    In a lot of the models P01 and P11 can't be mixed, but it should have alerted you in that case before the install started. IIRC the P01 is a standard BIOS compatible with Windows 7 and later, the P11 BIOS is UEFI for Windows 8 and later. To boot with a P11 you're going to have to have a UEFI install image on your thumb drive. That won't be enough on it's own unless we can get POST working. As the previous user suggested (albeit in Thai) try removing the video card if you have one and boot from the onboard video. If that allows you to get into the BIOS, set it for legacy boot and see if that allows you to get up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • teddybear
    The version I flashed was P01-A3. And I did the flashing procedure from Windows 10. I don't use a video card just the onboard one. The flashing process was reported to be successful. I had restarted the computer, it booted ok but afterwards the Windows was going BSOD
  • billsey
    Which BSOD was it generating after the BIOS update? In order to generate a BSOD you have to be getting past POST and into the Windows initialization. Above you had said "I've flashed the P11.A3 version from Windows" which is why I was looking at the UEFI side of things. P01-A3 should have worked, P11-A3 would break Windows and likely require a reinstall.
  • teddybear
    well... I didn't noted down the BSOD error unfortunately...
  • billsey
    Unfortunately I believe you're at the state where the only step forward is to reprogram or replace the BIOS chip on the motherboard. That takes special tools and most technicians can't do it. How easy is it to get a replacement motherboard on the used market? It might be cost effective to just replace the system. :(
  • teddybear
    Is it possible to recover the BIOS by copying it from another motherboard of same model? If so, how?