Alternative battery Aspire 6930G

Eladlevy
Eladlevy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys

I bought a replacement battery for my Aspire 6930G (yup, that old).
I accidentally purchased AS07B41 instead of AS07B42
The electric specs are slightly different across the two, 
14.8V / 4800mAh vs 10.8V / 5200mAh.
Is it safe to use it or should I replace it entirely?

Thanks

Answers

• It's not safe. Both batteries have different voltages! The voltage of the new battery should be equivalent to that of the original battery. For example: your current battery has 10.8v and therefore you should buy another battery with 10.8 or 11.1v, as they are similar!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    Yes, it should work fine. If you wish to replace it you may do so.
    mAh only refers to power capacity and how many milliamps the laptop battery can deliver per hour. The more important compatibility measurement is the voltage it supplies. As long as the voltage is close it should work.

Most laptop battery makers advertise their batteries power capacity in terms of 4400, 5200, 5600 or 5800 mAh.  The basic idea is that 5800 mAh battery pack will allow your laptop to run longer than a battery with a 4400 mAh rating. 
    Answer: millamps(mAh)  x voltage (V) = watt hours (WH)
    Example 1: 4400 mAh x 11.1 V = 48.8 WH   also  4400 mAh @ 10.8 = 47.5 WH
    Example 2: 5200 mAh x 11.1 V = 57.7 WH   also  5200 mAh @ 10.8 = 56.1 WH
    The take away here is that not all 6 cell  or 9 cell laptop batteries will power you laptop for the same amount of time.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• The original battery model has 14.8v or 10.8v @Eladlevy
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,273 Trailblazer
    For information, here are the part numbers of the original batteries:
    BT.00803.024 | BATTERY.LI-ION.8C.4K8mAH.SAN
    BT.00804.020 | BATTERY.LI-ION.8C.4K8mAH.SON
    BT.00805.011 | BATTERY.LI-ION.8C.4K8mAH.PAN
    France