Swift 1 doesn't turn on after Zz

BulatAbdrakhmanov
BulatAbdrakhmanov Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone!

Just bought Swift 1 SF114-32 a few months ago and here is a problem.
After it goes to sleep mode the laptop sometimes doesn't turn on. When I put the charge wire in the light, on the right side, shows that it charges but still dosn't turn on.
Power button doesn't work either. The only solution is to push the tiny battery reset button for a while and only when it's not charging.
It shows that battery reset helps but it a;ready happed 3 or 4 times.
I live in the very cold climate and I often have my laptop in my bag when I am otside moving from one location to another.
Is it just because of the cold that has such effect on the battery or there could be something else?
Thanks.

Bulat

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that aren't currently available' Scroll down an uncheck box for fast startup to disable fast boot. Also ALL button & lid settings should be set to Sleep mode, NOT hibernate or turned off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manasse
    Manasse Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have Acer swift 3 , after pressing Zz it is not starting even power is not showing sign.
  • BulatAbdrakhmanov
    BulatAbdrakhmanov Member Posts: 5 New User
    Hi again, everyone!
    So, after a few months using Swift I found out whats the problem with my device.
    The problem is with the battery itself. Looks like it disconnects inside when I turn it around.
    After that it doesn't react at all. Like battery is not connected.
    The only solution is to push this tiny reset button with the needle.
    It happens almost everyday if you take the laptop with you to work or wherever.
    Freezing lso affects the same way.
    I don't know whether it can be cured or I should by another one. It sucks anyway.
    Thanks.

Bulat.
  • Saima030
    Saima030 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I play game in gameloop in Acer swift1for whole day than I restart than it shows window is restarting don't turn off than it take so time than I press sleep button and close but don't off the power light was on than it open and show Acer and suddenly off than not start
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Please start your own thread on the forum and specify your full ACER model number. This thread is more than a year old. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ