Have you been scammed by Acer?

MRizakis
MRizakis Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently purchased a 3 year warranty from Acer (3 Years Carry In (1st Year International Travel Warranty), and due to its infamously horrible service I have been going through hell. I made a mistake and attached the wrong invoice. I have sent multiple emails to
pop.requestuk@acer.com
 and nobody has done anything. I have opened two tickets, providing all the necessary information, like the warranty code, password, date of birth, product code, the invoice etc. and they have not fixed the issue. So I conclude that I have been scammed. One guy named Ramon contacted me and asked me to send my details and the invoice, I did so, but received no reply and the warranty is still on hold. How do they expect to keep their customers if they treat them like that? I paid for the ***** thing and I demand to get what I paid for. They are simply despicable. Has anyone else encountered the same problem? Have you also been scammed by Acer?
Best regards,
MRizakis

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    MRizakis

Guess you haven't heard about the crackling sound feature Microsoft seems to have added to sound drivers with their Win10updates. What? you don't like the crackling noise? Well, you're not alone.

No, it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem but a driver vs Win10update issue. With ACER blaming Microsoft for its rapid-fire heavy-handed update policy. And with Microsoft blaming ACER and the other mfrs for not updating drivers fast enough to follow suit. Leaving you with the crackle feature whether you like or not.

Until a future ACER driver or WIn10 update takes care of the problem, a latest new workaround that seems to reduce crackling for many is to reduce the studio-quality sound settings to CD-quality as described by this post
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/638812/#Comment_638812  Unless you got studio quality speakers or headphones attached to your laptop a seriously you're gonna notice the difference.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Keep re-sending emails daily. Also keep rattling Ramon's cage daily. Wouldn't hurt to also send an email barrage of your stuff to the main UK ACER & Gateway service contractor offices at euro_mail@acer-euro.com . Hopefully something will happen before your 3-year warranty expires. While-U-Wait, are there any technical issues you'd like us other ACER users to try to help you out with? If so, what's your full ACER model number and the issues?  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MRizakis
    MRizakis Member Posts: 2 New User
    Its an Acer Swift 3 with the MX 150 Nvidia Ge Force card. I am really grateful that you took the time to answer my question Jack. I do not wish to sound like a whiny kid but the service is not that great. Also, I have noticed that my speakers crackle, I updated the drivers and the problem temporarily stopped. It actually starts every time I watch a video, pause for some time and then restart it. I really don't know why.
    Best regards,
    MRizakis
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    MRizakis

Guess you haven't heard about the crackling sound feature Microsoft seems to have added to sound drivers with their Win10updates. What? you don't like the crackling noise? Well, you're not alone.

No, it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem but a driver vs Win10update issue. With ACER blaming Microsoft for its rapid-fire heavy-handed update policy. And with Microsoft blaming ACER and the other mfrs for not updating drivers fast enough to follow suit. Leaving you with the crackle feature whether you like or not.

Until a future ACER driver or WIn10 update takes care of the problem, a latest new workaround that seems to reduce crackling for many is to reduce the studio-quality sound settings to CD-quality as described by this post
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/638812/#Comment_638812  Unless you got studio quality speakers or headphones attached to your laptop a seriously you're gonna notice the difference.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mandy007x
    Mandy007x Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have been utterly scammed by Acer India online store. I ordered a laptop, they say it takes more than 15 days to ship it. I asked them, in that case cancel and issue refund. They say cancellation policy never existed on thier store. I was shocked. But, I found a cancellation policy on their website.