Elan Touchpad settings problem(Acer E5-575G)

saragon
saragon Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys i have a problem with elan touchpad settings. When i go to mouse settings, the elan's setting are inactive i cant do anything. WHen i go to bios and change touchpad do Basic, i can change setting in mouse but the setting are limited. And again if i change in bios to Advance, i cant change nothing cause the elan setting are inactive... It stupid because i want one finger scrol and that is imposible from Microsoft precision touchpad. Can u help me?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,829 Trailblazer
    (1) What ACER model do you have?
    (2) What OS system was factory installed? What's on it now?
    (3) Has it always been this way?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• saragon
    Acer E5-575G
    Windows 10
    And no, time ago it works perfect, i reinstall windows, the drivers but only in basic mode can change setting but they are limited...
  • JackE
    (1) Did you re-install Win10 from the ACER hidden HDD partition?
    (2) Did you change the touchpad option in the BIOS Main tab to Advanced mode as shown below?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• saragon

1 - yes

2 - yes, when its on Advanced, I go to mouse settings and the tab of Elan is inactive cant do nothing, when its on basic the tab is active but the setting are limited - cant change to 1 finger scroll and etc..

• JackE
    >>>time ago it works perfect>>>

About how long ago? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• saragon
    Maybe 1 month, cause I don't use the laptop often so... I don't know I think to update Intel I/o driver to see if this help. When its to basic mode in BIOS in device manager it show Elan Input Driver, when its to advanced it show Elan I2c driver. Why is that?
  • JackE
    (1) What BIOS version number do you have now?
    (2) Approximately when did you first acquire the machine?
    (3) Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'Create a restore point' in the left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next' Do you see any restore points around the time the touchpad changed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ